Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Final Journey (Almost) + ESE Outing At Vivo

With the end of Friday's Poster Symposium and submission of final thesis, that wraps up 80% of ESE4502. Looking back at the past 8 months, lots of sweat are spent, late nights in laboratory churning and reconfirming of data and results, worrying if the data are coming out all right with the expectation that i had, all are finally summarized into this 1 A1 poster. Lots of tough questions are asked and I hope that I have managed to wriggle myself out of the situation convincingly. Well, now I present to you, my poster.....
And the students and PHDs under our friendly professor Jeffrey P. Obbard
After a grilling afternoon, leaving our brain juice dry, our graduating ESE cohort went down to the Vivo City for a mini dinner~ I like this picture of the water fountain in front of the Vivo City. It kind of portray a serene landscape, where one can truly really relax and recharge oneself after a hard day.
And of course, one cannot leave such a nice place without a class photo. A pity that the picture is very grainy...
We had our dinner at Thai Express. I can't remember the last time I had eaten Thai food but I decided to test my tolerance by ordering their hot and spicy seafood curry - Kaeng Kari Talay. The serving given was pretty large and seriously, 1 bowl of puny rice is simply not enough. I ended up ordering 2 bowls of rice and that translates to lots of carbohydrates! Oh no, time to go exercise soon or risk getting fat~ =p The curry is indeed as the menu promises - smooth and rich in flavour tinted with the sweetness from the seafood! The price was also reasonably set at $9.80. The only bad point that I can say about the curry is that I find it a little too salty.
.Look at how much they are enjoying their food!!
.
For dessert, we visited Haagen Dass to try on their chocolate fondue. Overall, I find that it is an interesting experience, dipping the food, especially the ice-cream in the hot chocolate, watching it hardened due to the cold in the ice-cream and eating it in one big mouthful!! Haha, but truly speaking, the food is just average. For 16 scoops of mini ice-cream; slices of bananas, green apples and straw berries; chocloate fludge and cookies, set at a price of $50 a set, I find that it is quite expensively charged. Luckily, the whole class decided the chip in and share the cost so... it is just right. =p An enjoyable night and I hoped that we will keep in touch and meet up soon after graduation. =)

No comments: