Saturday, August 08, 2009

Soup Restaurant

It has been quite a long time since I last visited this restaurant, maybe some 1 year ago. Feeling the urge of eating something healthy for a change, *mds* and I decided to give this restaurant a chance to redeem itself (I remember the last time round, they serve us super hard rice!!) and head in to settle our lunch. We ordered their set meal for two, which came with a special promotion to get one of the dish for just only $1. =)
.The Soup Restaurant speciality dish (picture above): Samsul Ginger Chicken is indeed mouthwatering. The juice of it is not in its chicken, but in the sauce they provide in the middle of the dish! The chicken slices are good, but they are not that great. Their meat are tender and not really hard (they give me chicken breast meat, though for the price I pay, I would have expected thigh meat / drumstick meat) =p. For the sauce, I have no idea how they made it, but it contain a well proportioned chicken oil mixed with blended ginger. Placed it into the cabbage leaves they provide, wrap it into a roll and put the whole chunk into your mouth. All you have to do is slowly bite it and let all the juices flow out!! Extremely fattening, I know, but irresistible!!
.

Second dish: Steam "San Yu" Fish Slices.
The fish slices are all well marinated and cooked to just the correct perfection. They are solid and tender, though I feel that this dish is still lacking a bit of flavour. A good dish though I would not say that they are the best I have ever eaten.
.
This is the $1 that we ordered: Clay-pot Sea Cucumber.
This dish is slowly brewed with the wings of the ducks and sea cucumber, together with the "tau key" and some vegetables that I do not know the name of. A great combination of ingredients that will leave you wanting for more. A recommendation by me is to eat this dish together with the gravy and rice. Definitely a steal given that this dish only cost $1!!
.
Third dish: Fried Batry Kai Lan with Tong Kwal
I find this dish a bit weird as they attempt to stir-fry this dish together with Tong Kwal. Maybe personally, I am uncomfortable with the slight bitter taste of the Tong Kwal that are found together with the Kai Lan. Well, overall, I find this dish to be just ok.
.
An overall view of our lunch. Extremely satisfying! =)

No comments: