Friday, April 02, 2010

4 nights in Beijing

For the 5 days and 4 nights in Beijing, sadly I am not there to enjoy myself, but on a mission to observe an energy cost saving process being done and hopefully bring back some of the knowledge back to Singapore. This is my first time to step into Terminal 3 since it is built. Well, it is not as grand as I thought. =p I am the only soul to depart from Singapore, and will be linking up with one of my colleague from Shanghai. 1 week earlier, Beijing was still under the wrath of the sandstorm. Well, that is some kind of "encouragement" for a start.
After 6.5 hours of flight time, finally, I landed in Beijing Terminal 3. The weather there is like so freezing cold? What was that? 8C outside? ok, time to wear 3 layers of clothing!

Well, almost all the trees in Beijing are barren as I supposed it is still considered winter there. For the evergreen trees, they are all baked in a layer of yellow sand, courtesy of the sandstorm 1 week earlier.
For the food wise, they are very different from Singapore. The have quite a lot of cold dishes and most of them are either salty or 麻辣 in nature. Vegetables are few, so most of the dishes are either meat or 豆腐 based. They also like to use 麻椒 in their dishes. It kind of tasted like pepper, but instead of spicy, it numbs your tongue.
This is a snapshot of the interior decoration of the hotel I am staying at on 1 of the night. Impressive isn't it?
Welcome to Beijing! PSI: 100? On 4 of the 5 days I am in Beijing, I am facing this kind of air. Well done!
My schedule was pretty tight, but I still managed to squeeze out about 3 hours on the last night to go sight seeing. Well, this is 王府井, supposedly to be famous for their good food.
If you are in Beijing and have not eaten their roast duck, it will be a wasted trip. Well we visited one of the more famous shop called 全聚德. Well, the roast duck are pretty oily and I got quite sick of it after a while. But the interesting part is that every roast duck that you ordered comes with a.....
.
Quality Assurance certificate!
The famous 天安门
.
And bon Voyage. I am flying home. Next time, I shall visit the great wall of China!

No comments: