Monday, March 03, 2014

China (Beijing/Shanghai) Work Trip (230214 - 270214)

First ever solo work trip overseas with a mission to accomplish, unlike the past where I usually am participating in some training or Kaizen event.
 
Things did not went off on a good start though. The first thing that greeted me when I look out of the airplane window at the Beijing Capital Airport was the yellowish environment.

Welcome to Beijing
 
If there is such a thing as a pollution measuring scale here, the PSI will hit 400+, in my opinion. I will be facing this kind of environment in the next 2 days. My time in Beijing was short and hectic. After meeting will be training, followed by risk assessment review of the various departments. I can really say I did not have any spare time left for other stuffs. After I am done in Beijing, it is time to scoot off to Shanghai, which the air is so much better.
 
Met with an ex-colleague of mine on Wednesday night and he brought me to the Yu Garden (豫园). It was really nice to see the classical old buildings lighted up at night.
 

The famous Nine-bend Bridge (九曲桥)
 





No comments: