Wednesday, May 10, 2017

JB Staycation

With a blink of an eye, we have reached our 2nd wedding anniversary. =) Time sure flies as I got busy with my daily work. For this time, I am planning a rest and relaxing trip just to spend the day with *mds* and away from the hustle and bustle of busy Singapore. 

To start the day, we have our relaxing Swedish massage at Walea Spa & Resort. I chose this place primary because of the good reviews posted on TripAdvisor, which handily beats the rest of similar competitors down. For my personal opinion, I find their massage skill to be above average compared to the service I get from the normal massage shops in Bangkok. At one point in time, it was so soothing that I almost fall asleep! Lol. (Or perhaps I am just too tired)

After the massage, it was time to check into our hotel, which is the same as the one we stayed in 1 year ago. For this time, I booked a room with the lounge service access, so that we can go in and have our afternoon tea, hors d'oeuvres, drinks, tarts or fruits whenever we like it. Their lounge are located on the 16th floor, with a clear view over the Straits of Johor to mainland Singapore, providing a nice ambient for conversation.

For our meals, we hit the local food located around the hotel which whipped up a tasty pot of Kong Bao Frog, Japanese don (very reasonably priced) and BBQ chicken wings. There are lots more restaurant that looks good which I think we can try in future.

We ended the night with some quiet time spent with the Lord as we prepare our bible study lessons which will be starting at the end of the week.

Happy 2nd anniversary, *mds* =) I hope you like the trip I have planned for us.

No comments: