Saturday, October 04, 2008

Lai Lai Family Restaurant

20 Liang Seah Street, Singapore 189041
.
Searching around HungryGoWhere for some good food in Bugis turns out this recommendation. As its 招牌 says, they are famous for their beef noodles. Craving for a taste of good food and wanting something that goes light on the stomach, I and *mds* decides to give it a try.
True to the website recommendation, the beef noodle did not disappoint me. It has been such a long time since I tasted a good and at least decent soup and beef chunks. The soup is not oily at all and certainly goes well with the noodle. If you ate it together with the small pieces of Cai Xin, it will further enhance the favour of the whole dish. The beef chunks, which is the soul of the whole dish, is cooked to just the correct tenderness, unlike some other beef chunks I had eaten in the past that is hard and dry. Overall, I can say that I am pretty satisfied with the meal. Service wise, they are just average, nothing good or bad to dwell on. Perhaps, the only thing that in my opinion that can be improved on is the price of the beef noodle. At $7.90 for a small size noodle, I feel that it is just a bit overpriced.
.
Rate: 8/10

No comments: