Monday, September 02, 2013

Shanghai Work Trip (11 - 15 Aug 2013)

This is my first visit to Shanghai alone to attend an Ergonomic course conducted by Danaher. On the good side, I get to travel overseas and chalk up miles on Singapore Airline, but on the bad side, I will need to work late into the night to clear off emails and think of how to bring the knowledge learnt back home to apply in the factory. Luckily, I still have my ex-colleague (currently now at Textronics) contacts, who gladly volunteered to pick me up from the airport to my hotel. As I still have the night free, my colleague decided to bring me around to explore the Shanghai city.

Oriental Pearl TV Tower
 
The Bund

The Bund

Shanghai Pudong International Airport

Overall, I feel Shanghai is just like Singapore. Most of the shopping center has international eatery brands that can also be found in Singapore such as Ajisen, Breadtalk, etc. For this time, I have arrived in Shanghai at the wrong timing as they are experiencing an unusually hot season. Imagine at night, temperature is still on the high side at 30 degree Celsius! With this temperature, I don't even want to step out of my hotel. As my time in Shanghai is really rush, I did not have the chance to properly tour around the city. Hopefully, next time, I will get a better schedule.

No comments: