Sunday, December 03, 2017

India (Gurgaon, Mumbai) Work Trip (281117 - 011217)

First time going to India on a business trip, with lots of advises from my colleagues and horror stories of the past, such as Japan expatriates needed to hospitalize for 3 weeks due to stomach problems, came back to Singapore and needed MCs for 1 week...etc. To protect yourself, the common advise given is to drink only mineral water, avoid local food and to the extend of using mineral water to brush your teeth! To make the situation anything but better, the air in Gurgaon is pretty bad, as reported in the newspaper of smog engulfing the whole New Delhi city a few weeks ago. Well, at least I will come prepared with a N95 in the luggage.

Good morning Gurgaon, with a layer of smog?

India version of prata, nothing resembling the Singapore version we are used to. Dough is salty with cheese in the filling. There is no curry for the dough and the orange stuffs has a unique taste I am not used to eating

Daily newspaper update on PM2.5 level. 342...reminds me of 2013 Singapore haze

Next trip to Mumbai via Air India. Service and food is not good, plus my table is spoilt. I think next time I will try Vistara, a joint venture between Tata and SIA

A look at the polluted canal next to Mumbai Office, reminds of the pictures seen in the Singapore 60s

Well, at least I survived India, only down with a little runny nose and cough the next day, most probably due to the air....I guess....

No comments: