Saturday, April 11, 2020

Circuit Breaker Day 5

With the soft lock-down Circuit Breaker in place this week, I began my first ever 100% Work From Home experience. The feeling is great though, get to wake up slightly later, cut down commuting time by 3 hours a day, see my baby boy 24/7, tracking his growth day by day, and more efficient use of time (I can get to monitor the market at the same time I am working now).

The down side? Plenty as I found out slowly day by day
  • Getting banks to do annual credit card fee waiver is just not as easy. In the past, the CS can do it on the spot, but now with this COVID-19 situation and reduction of manpower, I have to log into internet banking to send them an email for waiver request and wait for 3-5 working days to get a reply (-.-)!
  • Resetting internet banking account is also just not as easy. I got lock out of the system after failing the physical token OTP 3 times. A call to the bank CS tell me that they will contact me later today as they are having a high surge volume now and my case is not an emergency situation. Fair enough. (Two hours pass).... no call back and the bank is closing soon. I called them back again and insist they help me reset on the spot. Problem solved in 5 mins.... (-.-)!
  • Faced the daily challenge of preventing neighbors from activating the police due to loud volume of baby "singing". Hands down to mommy who face this every single day
  • Work kept being interrupted by baby needs. This just means that I need to work longer than usual to finish the same task.
Well, managed to picked up IREIT Global at a yield of 10% when I saw the news that CDL and Tikehau has increased their stake this week.

COVID-19 situation seems to be getting worse in Singapore. Just today, saw the news that NEA requires everyone to wear mask before you can enter market. Even on public transport, wearing of mask will become mandatory.

Everyone, please do your part. Do not go out unless necessary. Stay Home, Stay Safe.

No comments: