Monday, January 18, 2010

Billy Bombers

Billy Bombers, a restaurant where it will really cost you a bomb to dine in. Normally, I would have shun away from the place, but as I happened to lay my hands on some privileges lately, it would be unforgivable not to try out the brand. I am really curious why the pricing on their menu just refused to come down after all these years? Well, their quality of the food served says it all...... Calm Chowder
Real huge chunks of meat mixed with mushrooms. This is the real stuff. Rarely had I eaten the chowder that served such generous portions of meat. Absolutely tasty that left you wanting for more.
Mocktail
Quite an interesting taste at first, but the server had not mixed the drink well. There was a huge concentration of the syrup at the bottom of the glass that left it disgustingly sweet as you were finishing the drink. Not a good review for this mocktail served.
Fish and Chips
Huge American style chunky fries, but I found them a bit dry in my opinion. If only they can fried it to the McDonald's standards. Hmph. But for the butter dolly, they gave you 2 huge portions of the fillet and both were beautifully done. I could have enjoyed the meal more if the fishy smell was not so overwhelming.
.
Seafood Paradise
Though the name sounds nice, but they were not quite at the paradise level yet. I found that the spaghetti was just average. With the exception of the 2 huge mussels, this dish was not worth the price to pay. Overall, Billy Bombers still have room for improvements.
.
Rate: 6/10

No comments: