Saturday, June 16, 2007

2nd day at work

Dated: 10th May 2007
It is only my second day at work here and I barely can stand their weather. Hmm, think I shall give a run down of what it is like living in the USA.
.
Weather
.
I am faced with the extremes down here. One day, you can have a temperature hovering around 50F which is around 5C I think, and the next day, you can have a temperature racing up to a scorching 80F, which is around 25C. It is really a crazy weather system down here. When it is cold and you get the wind chill, you will really wish you had stay at home instead. you will be really shivering from head to toe!! *Brr* It's supposed to be summer time down here lor, where is my hot weather?? I would rather be hot than cold!! Must be the El Nino at fault again. Hah!

A misty second day. Wow!!

A dew-ed spider web, courtesy of the mist~ So beautiful~

A view of the shadowy tree and the Hotel Breakers, where I worked. Have the feeling of mystery??

.

People

.

The people here are generally very friendly. Well, most of them are quite big in size, most likely due to their cheesy diet, which I had tried to stay away whenever possible. I don't want to flunk my IPPT when I get back to Singapore. Haha. Hmm, do not be amazed when you are walking on the street when a total stranger suddenly greet you, say good morning to you or suddenly start chatting with you. They are really that friendly. I like them for their friendliness.

.

Work

.

I have a shift like system down here, split into day and night shift. I am currently working in the day shift, which means I have a typical working hour like, 9am - 430pm. Pretty tiring at the end of the day, considering you have to kind of rush to clean all the rooms, which means clean and wipe the toilets, replace the towels and make the beds. Totally shag out, but well, for the tips, its quite worth it. I generally get around USD$10 tips a day, Haha don't be jealous, I have to work for my trip~

.

Money

.

Hah! I don't like their coins system. Basically, their one-cents, which they called the pennies are pretty useless here. People usually just throw them around or even just dump them on the floor in the park. They are just so troublesome. Next its their dimes, which mean ten-cents. Its really small and hard to differentiate them from the pennies when mix together. *aiyo* Next up, its their quarter-dollar, which means twenty five cents. Next will be their dollar coins, which is kind of rare here since it is new and trying to replace their dollar notes I think. All in all, coins are just a chore to carry around in USA. No wonder they all start dumping coins as tips to me on the table la~ *faint*

No comments: