Monday, January 07, 2008

CPG Lab


Heh heh, today shall mark my first day having an insight into what future environmental engineering jobs will be like. To kick start the day, I have to drag myself up early in the morning at 6am to go down to their HQ at Novena Square. Little did I know that actually CPG Cooperation is such a big company, providing services spanning many disciplinary and leaving their footwork across many Asia countries. I was really amazed by their cooperate portfolio, especially when they mentioned that actually our Changi Airport T1, T2 and T3 was all done by their company!!
.
After the initial briefing on the administrative stuffs, I have to go down to one of the subsidiary which I am attached to for my upcoming industrial Attachment : CPG Laboratories. Coming under the division of Innovation Center, my job scope will be more on research and development of International testing procedures. Whenever I am free, I will be helping out the lab technicians to do the sample testings. It was really an eye opener. Little did I know that actually every paint emulsion, cement waiting to be used have to be tested and certified by labs before they can be used. I am sure I will get to learn quite a lot of stuffs in the upcoming weeks. Simply interesting, can't wait to get my hands on session tomorrow. Oh ya, no formal attire for me!! It will just be T-shirt and jeans or pants!! Yeah~

No comments: