Monday, March 24, 2008

10 shall be the number for the day

Though this post is a little bit late (supposed to be on Saturday), but that is because I wanted to refresh the whole memory again in my mind. =)
.
First of all, me and *mds* had a wonderful lunch over at KFC at BP, but minus the irritating person who came asking me for the discount coupon. That was like errrrrr... *faint*
.
Next up: Step up 2: The Streets
.
Synopsis: In this sequel to the 2006 "Step Up", Andie is a newcomer at the Maryland School of the Arts, and her bad girl streak threatens to keep her from finding her place. She's not exactly the most liked student in school but she soon pairs up with a student very different from her, the popular Chase. The two soon find a group of students to dance in a secret competition that suits Andie's talents. Romance eventually sparks between the two dance students from very different backgrounds. [Source: Yahoo! Singapore Movies]
.
To sum it up, plot wise, they failed miserably, but dance wise, they score pretty well. I like to see those actors dancing away on the streets, showing off their gravity defying unbelievable moves, especially the rain scene. Pretty cool.
.
Rate: 3/5 (for the dance)
.
And finally, we settle our dinner at the "streets" =) Coincidence??
~Happy "10" =)~

2 comments:

Pyoroo JQ said...

Hi
I couldn't find your email so i figured i could ask you thru here
I am kinda interested in the environmental engineering course. i was just wondering, i heard you guys are the elites? that must mean the course must be tough?
and ehh do you know anything abt the career prospects? the information on the nus website seems woefully inadequate

Azure1984 said...

oh hi, sorry about the late reply. I did not notice you had commented~ *opps* Environmental engineers are not elites. haha the real elites (in NUS, I don't know the situation in NTU) are chemical engineers. You need straight As to get in there and their grades are really horrendously high in exams. But you can relax, the course is not that tough (In my opinion, chemical eng one are much much tougher). I am sure you will manage by. =) Carreer prospect wise, you can go into many fields, but I would like to say that the job market for us is quite small in Singapore. For a start, you can go into waste management, alternative energy uses, water purifying or even air quality managing, but how many people (I am looking at those government-linked companies) are they going to employ? Not much. So a real realistic approach is to look at private sectors. For that, you can go into Industrial Health and safety management, which is one of the more higher paying jobs~ =)Either that, if you are looking at going into related fields, you can take a look at Civil Engineering, which is closely related to Environmental Engineering. For that you can go into Project Management. Well, ultimately, the field is still greener on the overseas side. In the future (I guess), you will be looking at overseas posting as I think that the upcoming counties ( China and India) will need a lot of environmental engineers to solve their problems. =) Hope that answer your questions. If you got anymore questions, feel free to drop me a tag on my tagboard. =)I can be contacted at kangaroo_nkr@yahoo.com but pls drop me a tag first so that I can go look for your email (I scared that my mail will filter yours into the spam folder) *lol*