Friday, July 25, 2008

The Dark Knight

Synopsis: A follow-up to "Batman Begins", "The Dark Knight" reunites director Christopher Nolan and Christian Bale, who reprises the role of Batman/Bruce Wayne. Now, Batman raises the stakes in his war on crime. With the help of Lieutenant Jim Gordon and District Attorney Harvey Dent, Batman sets out to dismantle the remaining criminal organisations that plague the city streets. The partnership proves to be effective, but they soon find themselves prey to a reign of chaos unleashed by a rising criminal mastermind known to the terrified citizens of Gotham as the Joker. [Source: Yahoo! Singapore Movies]
.
Watched this last Sunday with *mds* and I can only find the time to blog about it until now~ These few days has been a very busy day at my intern lab as clients sent in a record breaking amount of samples to test. Well, more test = more OT = more money = more savings for graduation trip!! =) About this movie, I must say that it is the best action superhero film I have seen this year. Not only it has lots of exciting battle scenes, special mention must be given to the late Heath Ledger, whose acting role in the movie as the psychopath Joker, which I feel, has far surpassed batman. Not only has he showed us how a psychopath acts, every area of how a psychopath thinks and feels, he has carried it out very well. At times, though, I feel the movie is a bit draggy as Joker just refused to get caught or die!! Other than that, this movie has no flaws and I highly recommend it to the top of my must watch movie list.
.
Rate: 4/5

No comments: