Monday, October 26, 2009

Seah Street Deli for Serene 22

A little sense of Deja Vu as I entered this beautifully decorated restaurant. Have I came here before? Nevertheless, the little gathering on Sunday was meant to be a early surprise for Serene as she is turning 22. I have notice that people has changed, for BC, he has grown hair on his once clean shaven head and he looked more fierce than before, while for me, I think I need to get a hair cut real soon.
.
Seah Street Deli is an American western restaurant trying to portray the American culture where all the food served are typically twice the serving of what you usually get locally. With a nice decoration, and soothing music coming out of the jukebox in one corner, you can get yourself settle in pretty fast.

Texas Burger
.
Unable to resist the temptation of a 250g beef patty doubled up with BBQ Smoked Bacon, I decided to go ahead and give this burger from "Texas" a try. The serving came with a generous (and I mean generous, they think that the potatoes are free) serving of fries. The size of the burger initially gives me a shock as it is easily about 15cm tall in height and about 150% of the diameter compared to McDonald's Big Mac burger!
.
Overall, the burger was pretty average. Their sauces and side ingredients did manage to whip up a good taste and eating sensation for the burger, but, I find that the main focus of the dish (250g beef patty) was a letdown. The patty cooked was a bit too dry and this caused me not to fully enjoy eating my whole burger. If you tell me is it worth the price to pay for the burger, my answer would be a straight No. Nevertheless, this restaurant did managed to provide a good ambiance and atmosphere for a group to gather and catch up over a meal.
.
It really feels good to see everyone of you again after such a long time.

No comments: