Saturday, January 13, 2007

Pan's Labyrinth

This is the first time that I have seen such a high rating for this movie in www.rottentomatoes.com . Imagine, 88/89 critics says its good! I was like.. wow, definitely a movie not to be miss. Met up with two rebels from NUS, who don't know how to follow instructions given and yet expect me to fly there (and don't even pick up my phone when I reached PS), to watch the movie. Overall, I shall say that this movie is watchable. Although it is based on half fantasy, half realtime, the director has mixed the two virtually different components well. The flow is good, the emotions are there, the character development are also there, so... that makes a good movie I guess. Enough of my thoughts, I shall now say something about the movie.
.
Ofelia, the main character, settles down with her mother Carmen, recently remarried with the highly domineering (evil)Vidal, captain in the pro-Franco army. While the little girl struggles to get used to her new life, she discovers nearby the great family house a mysterious labyrinth. Pan, its faithful guardian, a strange magical and demonic creature, will reveal to her that she is none other than the princess who long ago disappeared from an enchanted realm. To discover the truth, Ofelia will have to face three dangerous trials that nothing on earth has prepared her for. Using her wits not to follow every instructions blindly given to her, the first two task was completed. However, while attempting the third task, she died protecting her little brother. That is so SAD la...*sigh*
.
Next week is the only week left that I can slack, and maybe the only week left that my Friday will be a free day. I don't want to stone at home!! Just got home, just wash my hair, and my hair is still yet to be dried.......

No comments: