Wednesday, August 06, 2008

A guy's day out

Having nothing to do on a slow Monday and in need of a recharge before the school reopens 1 week later, I met Fab, Perry, and GZ to walk around Bugis and help Perry look for his gadget of the month. After browsing through several shops in Bencoolen Plaza, he finally settles for the SEIKO Criteria Watch. Feeling the need to get off the heat from the scorching sun, the four of us headed to an ice shop called 冰馆 in Bencoolen Street. For the menu on offer, you can click on the link below of the location of the shop:
.
.
Boy, the serving of ice for this shop is enormously huge!! For the regular size selling for $8.50, it looks like it can be considered my lunch already. We ordered the 超级新鲜水果综合冰 for our first dessert shared among us. The dessert was not bad in my opinion, and as we sat chatting among ourselves, before we know it, we finished eating the whole ice in 5 minutes!! Feeling not satisfied because we downed the ice too fast, we have another go at the 超级草莓牛奶冰. This time, I remember to take a picture of the dessert before it is gone! Lol.
.

.
After the dessert, we head over to Sim Lim Square as Fab wants to take a look at the audios. For me, I bought a 1GB Ram (as they are insanely cheap now) to upgrade my slow desktop which is still struggling on 1 GB RAM running on Vista somemore. Dinner wise, we had it at Miss Clarity Cafe. For their menu, you can click on the link below:
.
.

In my opinion, I find the ambient of the shop is quite unique and cozy. Food wise, I would recommend their Gluttons platter at $16.80 as seen from the picture below. Its chicken wings and sausages are not bad. For me, I ordered the baked chicken pasta at $9.80. Originally, I intended to have a light dinner as my mom have already bought my dinner for me back home, but, little did I know that the baked chicken pasta was not light at all, in fact it was quite filling. For the price, it was worth it, but taste wise, I find the pasta just so-so, but it give a generous spread of chicken. =)
.
Gluttons Platter
Baked Chicken Pasta
.
After dinner activity for me was home sweet home, but for the other three, they decided to take a trip down to the even lorong street of Geylang for some sight-seeing. The group 2 traits continues...., I guess. hah! =p

No comments: