Sunday, August 10, 2008

Happy 43th birthday, Singapore

On this beautiful Saturday, I decided to give *mds* a little treat and we had a great dinner at BREEKS cafe (Marina Square). This is all thanks to the Singtel Sweet Treats lucky draw which I had won, entitling me to a $40 discount voucher. =) Thanks again Singtel, I will continue to support you~
.
After browsing through the menu, *mds* decided on the Baked Seafood Mornay (picture below)
.
And as for me, after seeing so many nice and tasty pictures of fishes on their menu, I decided to try out their Baked Dory glazed with Lime Chili Sauce (picture below). The presentation and outlook of their dishes served, I must say, by far is one of the best I had ever seen in the cafes around Singapore. But when it comes to eating and taste, I find that their food is just average. The dory was not marinated enough to bring out its fishy taste and I find it a bit blend. Pasta served was just average, nothing great to talk about. One thing that deserved compliments from me is the speed at which they served their food. They certainly don't like to let their customers wait too long~
.
For some light bites, I ordered the Safari Feast (picture below) to share with my *mds*. Their waffle fries was pretty unique and good. Crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. Thumbs up for it =). For their calamari tail and shrimp popcorn, I find that they were just average. Their Buffalo wings, on the contrary, I would suggest you readers give it a miss. The chicken was not tender enough and with the concentrated BBQ sauce all over it, I find them just too salty for my liking~
.
After activities was spent walking towards Esplanade through the throngs of human walls to catch the National Day fireworks which will be commencing shortly. We couldn't get close enough to the Esplanade as all the ways towards my destination was fully sealed by the police. I have tried the underpass, pathway under the bridge, crossing the road, but.. they seem to have all the paths covered. In the end, we managed to settle at a nice spot and catch the beautiful Esplanade with its lights in full glory.
.
Shortly afterwards, the firework display (not very good this year due to light wind condition) commence~ Enjoy the pictures:




No comments: