Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Bad luck? Or its fate???

Some of us have a peaceful passage through our NS liability, maybe too clam in fact that it has become a boring chore. Some of us have a hell lot of exciting experience, some of us hate them while some of us enjoy it. I just wonder... What happened to me, or more accurately my unit after I am enlisted, was it just fate? Or was it just bad luck?
.
Firstly, its the death of a personnel in my camp. He was not under my battalion, but he is a brigade personnel nevertheless. Maybe you may guess who I am talking about. Yes, it was all over the news. He died of drowning during the POW course. Because of him, I "luckily" managed to escape the POW course, which is a requirement for all scouts to go through. Close shave from death, I guess??
.
Next, it was the news of the death of another Guardsman. He died after going through a qualifying test for the ranger course. Again.... Another death within a few week. Is the Guards curse?? Is my life in danger??? I just wonder....
.
Thirdly, there came along three marons who did not pass their Geography in school. While escaping the Malaysian police pursuit after a daring gun robbery, they actually landed in Palau Tekong!!! WTH!! The unit on standby was activated straight away to seek and capture these three marons. My unit, unfortunately, was next on the standby list. I was recalled, almost activated, almost carrying real bullets seeking real enemies, wearing real bulletproof vests, putting my life in REAL danger. Another misfortune of being in Guards?
.
Now, just a few days ago, the newspaper reported the death of another Army personal during the Army bi-Athlon run. He was non other than my Ex-Brigade commander. He was only thirty plus when he passed away. Life is unpredictable.... Yes, in fact it is..... Why is it happening so often in Guards? Wondering....Wondering...But I will never have an answer to this...
.
Or maybe I should thanks Guards. Without it, I will never get to experience this, never ever to have the chance to meet such good friends in my platoon. Yes! You guy rocks!! :)

No comments: