Sunday, August 13, 2006

Recollections

11/8/2006 (Friday)
.
I cannot get to sleep no matter how hard I try. The reason: Too much red bull after my IPPT test....Spent my time Msning till 4am in the morning, after which, I toss and roll around in bed until 8am. Grrr, next time, remind me not to drink two cans of red bull in one day.
.
Slowly made my way down for the CHESS O Week. I am quite shock that they decide to increase the intake of Year 1 freshies to 48, which means two classes? Haha I thought all along, we are the special ones, holding the record of having the least number of students in a Engine Major, staying all the way in the same class throughout the four years, which is quite good because we can discuss our tutorials together and all hand in the same answer in the end. Haha, to hell with plagiarism!
.
The whole afternoon was spent on hearing talks given by our department head, blah blah blah the usual stuffs. I am going to die next semester la, all the Civil modules, which I hated to the core! After which, we proceed down to SRC for some game actions. The whole thing ended at around 6pm. Did I tell you I have one scary junior?? Hmph.....
.
My parents pangseh me and go watch the firework festival on their own, taking my camera along with them!! Nooo0..... :(
.

Presenting to you, the whole of Environmental Science Engineering

.

Above firework display were done by Team New Caledonia

.

12/8/2006 (Saturday)

.

I am out of my house for virtually the whole day today. Met up with PW, ZH, XR for some K session, from 11am to 2pm, after which I rushed down to have my weekly soccer session with all my soccer buddies. Haha, it felt so shiok, I can feel my stamina has improved after my twice a week run around my neighbourhood to prepare for my IPPT test! Luckily I passed!!! Ok, I have the license to nua for another year liao. opps. Haha. Suddenly I feel like going to the last firework festival today by Team France. Heard form my parents that yesterday display was quite good. Since its the last event for the year, why not? Managed to jio Geraldine to go with me. Haha. By the time I left my house, it was 7.15pm. I swear I could make it to cityhall at 8pm, if not for the Bus 29 uncle, who drove so slowly that he took 20 minutes to drive me to the interchange? Thanks lor, so in the end, I was, well late again. Sigh~ The crowd at cityhall was well.....jam packed! I have never seen so many people in the citylink in my whole life! As we slowly made our way down to the Esplanade and found the best spot we can possibly get at the point of time (the best spot were all taken up le, we don't have any chance at all to squeeze into the crowd), one family of Indian decided to pop his children on the back of his shoulder for a better view, very "effectively" blocking our view!!!!! Grr, thanks lor, thats why I never like Indians.....bleah. Ok we have to jostle around a bit for another spot le.

.

The display by France was very very good!!! I like their fairy-star kind of firework, its so Disney like, and they managed to light up the whole sky in GOLD!! The view was so ~wow~ Although there are trees in front blocking my view, whatever I have seen has justified my reason for coming there le. No photographs though, the place where I stood block out almost 3/4 of the high altitude firework. For once (and only once), how I hope the ministry will chop down all the trees lining the waterfront area.........

.

After that, we walked to the Fullerton because I wanted some photographs of the hotel. So far, I still don't have any collection of the hotel in its night ambience. Hehe, Lumix is still better when it comes to night mode :P

.

.

We wanted to go somewhere to chill out while waiting for the crowd to thin, but the shops in Raffles City all close at around ten plus, hmm in the end, after walking around a while more, we decided to go home. LOL the crowd still looked the same as one hour earlier la. So its still a tight squeeze back on the train...... -.-'

No comments: