Thursday, December 21, 2006

Desaru Cycling Trip

Due to the heavy intermediate downpour, there are not many pictures taken of the trip using my camera. BUT, I am still waiting for Gun to send me his photos~ Haha. Ok, here are the pictures.
.

Just like the old times, a bum boat ride to the Malaysia Jetty

.


My army buddies, ZY and gun

.

A step into the past...

.

Where hell started to break lose
.



Where the waves are super scary during the monsoon seasons.

.



While others are outside in the cold tents sleeping on hard floor, bath in cold water, we actually "chu stun", rent a chalet, have access to hot showers and sleeping in the aircon on nice warm beds! *lol*

.

Due to the heavy rain, we only cycled about 20km during the 1st day, while the rest of the 40km was covered by van. Haha, how convenient! BUT, during our return trip, we had to cover the 60km by hook or by crook. Trust me, it is not a good feeling to cycle 60km in 3 hours, and when you have to stop every 6km to put on poncho to cover yourself from the rain, and stop every 2km to take out the poncho when the rain has stopped since poncho traps heat, it can really test one's own limit. Nevertheless, I am one of the first few to reached the jetty. Yeah~ It is like finally~! The end of the trip! But on the way back, its raining cats and dogs again, with the chilly wind blowing from the sea, it really send shivers down my spine. Luckily, I did not catch a cold. Hmmm.

No comments: