Thursday, December 22, 2005

Christmas Gift Exchange

I wonder if this is fast becoming a popular trend? I don't remember that we have this kind of things in the past. Yes, none at all, until this year, I am hit with 2 Christmas gift exchange. Now, I know the hassles of last minute shopping, literally last minute. I started shopping for the present at 9pm (well I was working and only knock off at 9pm). To my horror, I started to see the shops closing! As I walk into the gift shops, 3/4 of the things on display are soft toys. Thanks man, I don't think guys like soft toys. For the rest, they are way out of my budget, costing around $30 and above.
.
I thought of buying food as a present, something like chololate, but I think its a bit cheap skate, I will leave this as the final last frantic option. Then, I thought of buying decorative candles. But the one I saw at Metro are not that nice at all, at another gift shop, I saw others that are much nicer, BUT there is a glitch. The price tag read "$20 >>". Sianz! Out of budget again! Went to Toy'R'Us, nothing to buy, all selling toys and not a single gifts. Last final hope, the display at the Level 1 of Tampines Mall. And... Yes, I saw something that I can buy!! Haha, mission accomplished! But well it was a little over budget. The lucky person that got my gift is going to Zhuan Dao. Haha. The gift can be useful, but I think it will most likely end up as a table decoration. Can you people guess what is it?

No comments: